Our Top Choices for Badminton Rackets 2022
While there are a bunch of great badminton rackets throughout this article, here we’ll list a few of our all-around favorites.
What makes the best badminton racket?
Well, there are a few things to consider. For starters, a lot will depend on how experienced you are and if you’re playing singles or doubles. For example, if you’re playing doubles, you’ll want a racket that differs slightly from if you play mainly singles. Or, if you’re just starting out, you’ll want a decent all-rounder racket.
Regardless, consider a badminton racket to be the best when it brings comfort and success during your game.
In this article, we’ll look at the best badminton racket for you, no matter your level of experience. You can also read our Badminton Racket Buyer Guide below.
Best Badminton Rackets For Beginners
Every keen badminton player knows the importance of having the right racket. If you are focused on becoming a great badminton player, you need to invest in a decent racket.
Here is the best badminton racket for beginners.
1. Carlton Kinesis XT Lite Badminton Racket
- EXTRA RIGID CONTROL FRAME: Vortex geometry frame gives extra head rigidity to ensure that players get maximum performance even with off centre hitting
- VIBRATION DAMPENING SYSTEM: Pro V12 grommets absorb much of vibration created when a player is hard hitting.
- FRAME CONSTRUCTION: Japanese Hi Modulus Carbon is the highest specification carbon available on the market.
- KEY RACKET SPECS: Weight: 86g/Flex: Stiff/Balance: Even
- FULL COVER INCLUDED: Full cover to ensure essential protection from scuffs and dust.
For a full Carlton Kinesis XT Lite review, click here.
Carlton Kinesis XT Lite is a top-end badminton racket with a revolutionary design and featuring vortex shedding (frame) geometry.
This racket is ideal for players who are seeking to advance their playing skills by enhancing their control and accuracy skills. It has a medium flex shaft that provides a balanced feel throughout the length of the frame.
Besides this, they engineer this model with a right-angle twist on its frame for reducing aerodynamic drag thus leading to increased maneuverability and head speed.
If you want to excel in the mid-court when playing badminton as a beginner, consider this option.
The best thing about Carlton Kinesis XT Lite is that it has a solid feeling and superb control thus making it possible for players to polish their playing skills.
It provides plenty of comforts and thus the hands do not feel strained or pressured at the grip area because of wrong/uncomfortable grip. Carlton Kinesis XT Lite allows players to make fast and controlled swings thus making it ideal for playing defensive and attacking games.
When playing doubles, it will help you outshine your opponents while helping you to improve and perfect your swinging and hitting skills.
Notably, the racquet has great smashing power thereby making it possible to make powerful hits delivered with excellent maneuverability.
- Fast & smooth swings
- Excellent maneuverability
- Super slim racket hence cuts through air resistance
- Great smashing power
- Control is hindered when playing super-fast games
2. Yonex Nanoray 20 Badminton Racket
If you are looking for a budget-friendly but high-quality beginner racket to purchase, Yonex Nanoray 20 is the ultimate racquet to get.
Featuring a unique balance throughout the shaft’s length and at the head, it comes with an isometric frame that keeps the strings in a similar length both vertically and horizontally.
This makes it easy to have a massive sweet spot on the racquet thereby allowing better accuracy and precision when hitting the shuttle.
Yonex Nanoray 20 for beginners is a top performer for speed.
This favors the players greatly and makes easy for defensive players to enjoy their favorite sport to the fullest.
Thanks to the racket’s amazing speed, you will find the racquet to be expressly reliable in making smooth and lethal swings.
The racquet has shown exceedingly great performance in making smashes and drives especially in making the backhand defense.
Phenomenal clears and fast responses
Even though Yonex Nanoray 20 is not arguably the fastest racket out there in the market, it is fast when making responses and producing phenomenal clears, particularly when playing doubles.
However, for you to enjoy the convenience of using this racquet to its full capabilities, you need to have a good playing technique and tactic.
When held appropriately and securely in the hands, it becomes easy to use the racket for producing super-powerful shots.
- Super-fast swings
- Powerful shots
- Great in defense
- Phenomenal clears
- Because of its intense power, handling may be tricky for beginners
3. Senston N80 Badminton Racquet
- ✔ RACKET PARAMETER: Senston N80/ 5U(75g-79g)/ G4 Grip/ The balance point: 295+-3MM/ Lengh:675MM/ Prestring tension: 24LBS-26LBS
- ✔ 100% FULL CARBON FIBER MATERIAL: Senston N80 is made of full carbon fiber frame and shaft. Racket weight unstrung 75 grams, it is light. You can enjoy the badminton game longer and do not have shoulder pain caused by other heavier racket. It fell better when you playing. Carbon Fiber materials also enhance the strength of the racket, reduce to the risk of frame deformation
- ✔ SOLID CONSTRUCTION: The racket has SOLID construction with ONE-PIECE design outside and built-in T-joint inside. It have been further improve the STABILITY, achieve high-precision control performance. It also avoid the deformation caused by playing badminton, make racket more stable, play unparalleled power. The isometric square head shape frame structure and nanometer material enable it endure high pounds string, which can reach 30 pounds
- ✔ PERFECT DESIGNED DETAILS: the design of cone cover make the racket more in conformity with scientific theory of fluid dynamics to enhance the flexibility of controling the ball. Non-slip handle grip improve comfort, not easy to slide. Special and Powerful T-Joint Inside Design further improved the stability, achieve high-precision control performance. It also avoid the deformation caused by playing badminton, make racket more stable, play unparalleled power
- ✔ CUSTOMER SERVICE: If you have any problems after the purchase, you can feel free to contact us in any time.
Senston N80 made from genuine Graphite material.
It has increased stability and strength thus contributing to improved overall performance.
The isometric square head provides a massive sweet spot.
Players will have a larger hit surface than an oval-shaped racquet.
For players who are struggling with precision and accuracy when hitting the shuttle.
This racquet is greatly useful to them in perfecting their accuracy skills.
Senston N80 has strong strings. It is not only weather resistant but also quite durable and can withstand great tension.
The solid graphite frame structure ensures that there is no power loss from the hands to the shuttle when swinging the racket to hit the shuttle.
Consequently, the racquet is able to produce powerful shots that are perfect for defensive playing, especially for doubles.
The racket promises to deliver beyond the expectations of most beginner players and is guaranteed to help players hone their playing skills to become pros.
Senston N80 comes with a perfectly sized grip that provides sufficient support to hold the racquet firmly and securely in the hands.
When delivering powerful smashes at high speeds, you are able to hold the racket firmly in the hands for maximum power and precision in hitting the shuttle.
The tension in strings is firm and secure hence providing excellent repulsion.
This in turn results to smooth, powerful and customizable smashes including lifts and drop back hits.
- Great maneuverability
- Decent power
- Customizable hits, shots, and lifts
- Fast swings
- Extremely light hence may be hard to control for fresh beginners
Badminton Rackets For Intermediate Players
Looking for the right and ideal racquet for an intermediate player is a critical buying decision. This is because if you choose the wrong racquet, it cannot only cause injuries but also hinder your ability to develop your playing skills.
It is important for an intermediate player to ensure that they find the best racquet for them considering that they are in the initial stages of developing and polishing their playing skills.
Ideally, at the intermediate level, a racquet can either break or make your playing skills.
Here are some of the best badminton racket for intermediate player to choose from:
|YONEX VOLTRIC 0.7DG Badminton Racquet (Navy Blue, Graphite, 35 lbs Tension)|
|YONEX Ezone Junior 23 Blue Pre-Strung Tennis Racquet|
|YONEX Duora 10 LT Badminton Racket (Unstrung)|
|YONEX Arcsaber 11 Badminton Racquet (Red)|
1. Yonex Voltric 0.7DG Badminton Racket
- Grip Size : G4 (3.25 Inches) Weight : 3U (8592 Grams)
- Color : Navy Blue Head Shape : Isometric
- String Level : 35 Lbs Strung Type : Strung
- Flexibility : Medium
- Material : Graphite
The Yonex Voltric 0.7DG is your go-to racket for action-packed badminton play and training sessions.
Featuring a G4 grip, Voltric 0.7DG boasts of an all-around design that allows for easy handling and creates a well-balanced repulsion.
It has medium flex comes with a unique Tri-Voltage System that enables players to enjoy efficient power transfer from the hands to the racket and to the shuttle.
In addition to this, this model also has an improved cross-section that helps in minimizing air resistance thereby resulting in high swing speeds.
The racquet frame is a combination of tungsten and graphite HM and the shaft is made of graphite.
This construction creates a solid, firm and powerful racket which if used correctly can take your playing skills to a completely new level.
For aggressive players, it can prove to be a piece of deadly playing equipment that can help you outshine your opponents effortlessly and with much ease.
Voltric 10 weighs approximately 80-85 grams thus making it considerably light to swing and play with even for long sessions.
The most fascinating aspect of this product is that you can restring it with NBG 99 for its best performance.
One of the greatest highlights about this option is that it is extremely lightweight and allows for perfect control thereby enabling players to achieve perfect hits and smashes when using the bat.
This goes a long way in honing skills of intermediate players especially those who have been experiencing challenges in controlling their rackets and determining the path of the shuttle.
With its affordable price and high durability, it is a perfect choice.
- Excellent control
- Good build hence durable
- Considerably lightweight
- Solid construction hence no power loss
- It is not pre-strung at the factor thus you have to string it yourself
2. Yonex Ezone Junior 25 Badminton Racquet
- Original YONEX US Version
- Color:Deep Blue / Pre-Strung by Manufacturer
- Weight: 240g(8.5 oz) /Grip Size: 0
- Length:25 in. / Head Size:102 sq.in.
- All-graphite junior model (7-9 years old)
If you are looking for one of the most creatively built intermediate racket for badminton players.
Yonex Ezone Junior 25 should be the ultimate racket for your child.
The construction of this racket features a nanomesh and a carbon nanotube inserted in the shaft and frame for additional strength.
Another great thing is it also has a built-in T-Joint that enhances the bat’s power and overall performance.
The frame in the racquet is solid and thus allows for the smooth and uninterrupted transfer of power from the hands to the shuttle.
With superior construction, it produces powerful hits that go a long way in favoring players who are playing competitive games and doubles.
It also boasts of an extremely classy head balance that is professionally crafted such that the weight of the head does not bulk the whole frame.
For purposes of increased power, the sweet spot of the racket is located at the center hence enabling players to make powerful and controlled hits.
For players who are able to utilize this racket’s innovation, it becomes effortless for them to accomplish lightning-fast speeds for shuttle hits.
When holding the racket, you need not worry because Yonex Junior comes with an iconic G7 grip that ensures that the bat is held securely in the hands even for players with sweaty hands.
This makes it possible to play even for long sessions in the sun without worrying about straining your arms due to sweaty hands.
The strings in the racket are nylon made, hence are firm, and not affected by moisture.
- Classic construction and build
- Produces powerful hits
- Unique G7 grip
- Durable and lightweight
- Control may require time to get used to
3. Yonex Duora 10 Badminton Racket
- The Yonex Duora Strike is embedded with Dual Optimum System. It gives you pinpoint power and an increase in hold and repulsion, also providing you with instant repulsion on drives
- NANOMETRIC DR is a new carbon material developed by Yonex based on our unique NANOSCIENCE technology
- The square-shaped ISOMETRIC frame shape is designed to keep vertical strings at a similar length, as well as the horizontal strings to produce an expanded sweet spot in all directions
- The single-pass grommet hole construction provides more grommet holes for a more high-performance stringing pattern
- Built-in T-Joint is manufactured from a special lightweight plastic combined with epoxy resin and foaming agent that enhances quality and performance by increasing the stability of the shuttle on the string bed
Yonex Duora 10 is one of the classiest badminton rackets in the market presently for intermediate players.
Featuring a box-shaped head; it delivers impressive power with every swing and smashes at the shuttle.
Despite not being the fastest intermediate badminton racket, it defends pretty well and as such, it is dependable for defensive playing.
Typically, it is fairly higher than other rackets in terms of speed, control, and power.
However, for you to use this model you need to possess a very good playing technique. Therefore, it is not suitable for beginners.
If you are interested in playing fast-paced intermediate badminton games, you should look no further than at the Yonex Duora 10.
This is because this product is specially designed for delivering fast responses with every smash at the shuttle.
In line with this, it also defends pretty well thereby making it a favorite racquet choice for most intermediate players focused on becoming professional players.
The AERO frame in the racquet ensures that all the energy produced by the hand is delivered to the shuttle upon contact with the strings.
This 3U badminton racquet with a G4 grip is easy to customize as it comes in two options: strung and unstrung.
If you want to string your racquet in your preferred pattern depending on your playing needs.
If you do not want to go through the trouble stringing your racket by yourself.
A stringed racket is better for you.
Ideally, the racquet has a satisfactory quality, is designed and built to last for a long time and delivers reliable performance throughout its life.
When held and swung appropriately, you can be guaranteed to save your strength and power when making powerful hits.
- Easily customizable
- Ideal for powerful hits
- Lightweight and hence easy to control
- Requires time to get used to its power.
4. Yonex Arcsaber 11 New Badminton Racket
- Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE provides added bite to the shuttlecock and SONIC METAL increases the ability to deliver a high repulsion, rapid-fire return.
- Frame: H.M. Graphite, Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE, SONIC METAL
- Weight / Grip Size: 3U (Ave.88g) G4,5 2U (Ave.93g) G4,5, Box Contents: 1 Racquet
- Stringing Advice: 3U 19-24 lbs, 2U 20-25 lbs, Available: Strung
- Frame: H.M. Graphite, Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE, SONIC METAL
The Arcsaber 11 from Yonex is a must-have badminton racquet for pro intermediate players.
The racquet boasts of a flexible shaft, solidly constructed frame, and strong nylon strings thereby making it a great choice for defensive playing.
The racket creates smooth and controlled swings that make it easy to deliver the best smashes.
It is worth noting that it is also a great option for beginners who are trying their skills in badminton.
Yonex has a solid reputation for designing and manufacturing top quality badminton rackets with impeccable features such as high speed and exceedingly powerful.
These features are crucial in enabling players to not only polish their playing skills but also enjoy exciting playing experiences.
When using this racquet for tournaments or even for practice, you get an opportunity to perfect your playing speed such that it becomes possible to possess high-end playing skills.
For players looking for an intermediate racket with superior accuracy, incredible control, and superb design, then this is the ultimate racket to purchase. The Yonex Arcsaber 11 is suitable for both singles and doubles, which is a huge win.
Moreover, the racquet provides players with great comfort so that the forearms and arms do not get tired easily especially when playing for long hours.
The racket’s greatest features include attack and defense thus making it a reliable racquet for playing at the frontcourt and midcourt.
- Great for defensive playing
- Superb control
- Solid feeling
- Great comfort in the hands
- Control of the racquet is reduced when playing
Badminton Rackets For Advanced Players
For a badminton player to reach the level of advanced players, they have to go through a long training process. Their skills with a racquet must be excellent.
Therefore, the racquet they use must also be as excellent as they are. For advanced players, you’ll be judging rackets on criteria of strength, control, and energy-saving ability. Here are some of the best badminton racket for advanced players.
|Yonex Astrox 88 D/S 2018 New Badminton Racket (88S Emerald Green, Unstrung)|
|Yonex Astrox 99-Weight/Grip: 4U/G5|
|YONEX ASTROX 100 ZZ Badminton Racquet (Unstrung)|
1. Yonex Astrox 88 D/S 2018 New Badminton Racket
- Making the whole frame flexible allows the“ASTROX 88 S”to hold the shuttlecock for accurate control, while the“ASTROX 88 D” has more flex in the upper part of the frame transmitting maximum power to the shuttlecock to break through the opponents. In addition the overall length of the“88 S” is only 5mm longer, which enhances both accuracy and power while the“88 D” is 10 mm longer to provide powerful attacks.
- The new shape allows the shaft to flex, which ensures the maximum effect of “Namd(more flex and faster kick-back graphite material)” and stabilizes the racquet face by preventing the shaft twisting, increasing control
- By applying the counterbalance theory, weight is distributed throughout the grip end, frame top and the joint for maximum control. The transition to the next shot can be performed smoothly with a rapid succession.
- NANOMETRIC* improves the bonding strength between the carbon fibres enabling us to take racquet shaft construction to another level. By reducing the amount of carbon in the shaft to make it 60%* thinner than a conventional racquet whilst retaining stiffness, YONEX has created a revolutionary lightweight racquet with lightening head speed and control.
- Weight: 4U Grip: G5
Like wines have good years, 2018 is considered Yonex’s explosive year with the ultra-high quality Astrox racquets, which features the Yonex Astrox 88D badminton racket with outstanding attack power.
The key to the success of the Yonex Astrox 88D/S badminton racket is the use of Namd, an improved graphite variant, which contributes to a sturdier frame that remains lightweight and reduces torque.
This allows the Yonex Astrox 88D/S badminton racket to stabilize the racket surface and increase the ability to control the shuttle.
This Rotational Generator System’s characteristic feature allows for effective weight distribution across the racquet.
The Yonex Astrox 88D/S features a flexible plastic frame for precise control of the bridge, and an overall length of more than 10mm, while the Yonex Astrox 88D/S provides excellent power for smashing pitches.
Whether you are an attacking player or a staple in pairing, the Astrox 88D/S is a great choice.
2. Yonex Astrox 99
Yonex Astrox 99 is considered to be the most anticipated product of the Japanese manufacturer in 2018.
Astrox 99 is still used by Yonex for its high-end technologies such as the Astrox 88D and 88S, as well as the Namd technology.
However, with the Yonex Astrox 99 badminton racket, not only Namd is available in the body of the racquet.
For the first time in history, Yonex brought its advanced technology to the whole of the body, including the racket. It is also a Rotational Generator System.
The big difference comes from the Yonex Astrox 99 badminton racket from hardness. Compared to the Astrox 88D (a rigid racquet), the Astrox 99 has a slightly stiffer body.
The Yonex Astrox 99 badminton racquet is also part of the Head Heavy range.
There is an extremely valuable point that is to shoot Energy Boost Cap will help to eliminate the vibration of the body very quickly.
Those who are good with this line must have good wrist force and have a play style “Relentless Attack”.
3. YONEX ASTROX 100 ZZ Badminton Racket (Unstrung)
- Original YONEX US Version
- Weight: 4U (Ave 83g) / Grip Size: G5
- Comes: Unstrung / Color: Dark Navy
- Flex: Extra Stiff / Balance: Head Heavy
- Frame: HM Graphite / NAMD / Tungsten / Black Micro Core / Nanometric Shaft: HM Graphite / NAMD
Yonex Astrox 100 ZZ is a luxury powerhouse, inspired by the cruelty of the falcon. Astrox 100 ZZ has an innovative frame design with TRI-FORMATION.
In order to create a perfect shuttle feel, racquet structure, and overall performance, optimization is accomplished through the reorganization and assembly of different attributes of different frames.
In addition, the surface of the Astrox 100 ZZ racquet is enlarged by 4% to create a larger sweet spot and pleasant feel.
This product has a 6.4mm thin shaft that is made with the perfect design using carbon fiber PYROFIL with Astrox’s anti-twist system.
Accordingly, stability is improved while accuracy in attacks remains.
Enjoy the power of the extraordinary attack performance of Astrox!
Best Badminton Racket For Doubles
|Yonex Badminton Racket- Duora Z- Strike|
|Yonex Voltric Z – Force Ii Badminton Racquet, Black|
|Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed Badminton Racket|
|YONEX 2018 New Nanoray Ace Badminton Racket(with BG65 @ 24LB) (Red)|
|YONEX Astrox 7 Badminton Racket|
1. Yonex Duora Z Strike Badminton Racquet
- Flex: Hi-Flex
- Frame: Graphite/Tungsten, Shaft: Graphite
- Weight / Grip Size: 4U (Ave.83g) G4,5
- Stringing Advice: 4U 19-24lbs
- Colour: Royal Blue, Ice Blue, Available color will be ship
Used by world champions like Viktor Axelsen, Yonex Duora Z Strike is designed with utmost professionalism for the excellence of performance, control, and power.
It has a solid feel that allows for a thrilling and comfortable playing experience.
The smashing power of this model is incredibly strong and can be greatly enhanced by adding more control and accuracy of your swings.
The best thing about this product is that it is an all-round racket with strong features for attack and defense.
The Duora Z Strike has excellent maneuverability.
When playing a game of doubles, maneuverability is a key aspect that helps players outshine their opponents.
This model is lightweight making it easy to have powerful smashes.
Additionally, it is well strung using durable and extra-hard nylon strings with great tension.
Yonex Duora Z Strike is also efficient in making smooth and well-calculated clears that are guaranteed to earn you more points.
The grip is gentle on the hands and does not tire the wrists even when playing for long sessions.
If you are thinking of becoming a professional player, this is definitely the right choice for you.
- Gigantic power
- Great defense & attack
- Superior control
- Excellent maneuverability
- It will be a bit difficult for beginners
2. Yonex Voltric Z Force II Badminton Racket
- Voltric is Agility: In VOLTRIC, the weight is balanced on the top of the frame and at the joint area which allows good handling while also maintaining power
- The control support cap provides an 88% wider flat surface compared with an ordinary racquet for easier gripping, fast follow-through and the sharpest maneuverability
- Frame construction provides fast swing and head-heavy balance: To balance the heavy racquet head, the frame has been made smaller to maintain the fast swing demanded by advanced players
- Air resistance is minimized by including the tip of the grommet inside the frame, to produce an ultra-smooth, air resistant shape that together with a heavy head delivers a smooth swinging frame with awesome power
- Tungsten infused grommets maximize the contact time between shuttle and string. This combined with the TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM ensure that the frame flexes in a controlled way
Yonex Voltric Z Force II for doubles excels in different ranges of doubles.
From the backcourt to the mid-court and the frontcourt, this racquet is beyond the expectations of most players.
The smashing power in this model is considerably so strong that makes it easy to use for defense and attack.
For players looking for rackets with classy designs, accuracy, and superior feel, this is the best racquet to purchase.
The most fascinating aspect about this racquet is it’s incredible control.
Unlike other rackets that are specifically designed to be used at the front, mid or backcourt, Voltric Z Force II can be used reliably at all sections of the court.
As such, it is a perfect choice for doubles especially for players playing competitively.
Voltric Z Force II comes in two options: strung and unstrung.
Whichever option you settle for, it is worth noting that the racquet will be reliably helpful in enabling you to advance and polish your playing skills.
- Slim and strong shaft
- Extra-stiff flexibility for powerful smashes
- Different color varieties available
- Powerful responses and reactions
- It is expensive but worthy of its value
If you want to read our full Yonex Voltric Z Force II review, click here.
3. NANORAY Z-SPEED YONEX Badminton Racket
Yonex Nanoray Z Speed is one of the latest and newest badminton rackets for doubles, which is currently on sale in the market.
Unlike other rackets, this Nanoray racket comes with advanced features including enhanced repulsion, better control, gigantic power, and the solid feeling among other features.
This model shares a lot in common with other high-end rackets from Yonex.
It is a favorite option for most players as it features a soft grip that allows for great comfort and a firm grip when playing.
This shows that it is an ideal racquet for double matches that meet the requirements of power and control.
It has excellent maneuverability that can be controlled and aimed easily and accurately.
You will definitely enjoy the intense power produced by the racket while using.
Since it is slim and light, you will barely realize that you are holding it in the hands, especially for long sessions.
- Powerful smashes
- Excels all over the court
- Super slim and light
- Excellent performance
- Its power may be too much to handle for beginners
If you’d like to learn more, read our Yonex Nanoray Z Speed review.
4. Yonex 2018 New Nanoray Ace Badminton Racket
With an isometric head, this product weighs an impressive 89 grams and therefore, it is light while at the same time being considerably heavy for powerful smashes.
Yonex 2018 New Nanoray Ace boasts of a perfect balance that allows for easy handling when playing.
Moreover, the stiff flexibility of this model ensures that it is able to produce powerful shots with each swing.
The new Aero frame that is featured in the design and construction of the racquet provides for improved repulsion especially when playing a fast-paced game.
In addition to its exceptional maneuverability, Nanoray 2018 New Nanoray Ace prides itself on having unique accuracy and precision when hitting the shuttle.
This, in turn, allows for easy control of the game, as you are able to send to the desired target on the court.
The nylon strings in 2018 New Nanoray Ace are resistant to different weather effects including water and extreme light.
The best thing about this option is the ability to make angled smashes that if it has been done correctly, it can help in outshining your opponent.
The racket features a soft super cushion G4 grip that protects the hands from developing blisters or other hand injuries when using for extended playing sessions.
- Super cushion grip
- Perfectly balanced
- Easy to handle and control
- It may take time to get used to the great power of the racket.
Want to know more? Read our Nanoray 900 review.
5. Yonex Astrox 7 Badminton Racket
- Original YONEX US Version
- Weight: 4U (Ave 83g) / Grip Size: G5
- Strung: Yonex BG65 @ 24lbs (No YY Logo)
- Color: Black/Orange
- Flex: Medium / Frame: Graphite, Tungsten / Shaft: H.M. Graphite, NANOMESH NEO
Read our Astrox 7 review.
The Astrox 7 model by Yonex guarantees to provide players with a memorable playing experience characterized by powerful smashes and unrivaled control.
Hitting and controlling the shuttle effortlessly due to the racket’s power and the unique tension in its strings.
The material used in designing and making the racket’s shaft is significantly flexible that enables you to possess a medium-stiff flex.
It allows for powerful responses and reactions for a game of doubles.
Since the grip is large, the racket provides a comfortable feeling and does not create any unnecessary pressure and tiresomeness in the hands.
With proper practice, it is possible to hit every shot with the utmost accuracy and control.
The 4U frame of the racket performs well in terms of delivering intense power to the head of the racquet and onto the shuttle.
- Balanced feel
- Durable and reliable
- Comfortable and firm grip
- Perfect string tension
Badminton Rackets for Smashing
A smash is arguably one of the most important shots in badminton.
It has the power to stun your opponent and make them unable to provide defense.
To make a powerful smash, you require the right moves and a good racket.
While you can train on movements, finding the right racket can be a challenge.
That’s why I compiled this list of best badminton racket for smashing.
|Yonex Arcsaber 11 2017/18 New Badminton Racket (Strung with NG 99 @ 24lbs)|
|Yonex Astrox 77 G5 Badminton Rackets (Metallic Blue, Unstrung)|
1. Yonex Arcsaber 11 2017/18 New Badminton Racket
- Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE provides added bite to the shuttlecock and SONIC METAL increases the ability to deliver a high repulsion, rapid-fire return
- The ARCSABER frame is designed to flex at the point of impact to hold the shuttle on the string bed for longer
- SONIC METAL is an exceptionally strong, lightweight and flexible new titanium alloy which YONEX positions at the top of the frame
- The ISOMETRIC equalizes the length of the main and cross strings in the string-bed, enlarging the sweet spot for more consistent accuracy even on off-centre hits
- The single-pass grommet hole construction provides more grommet holes for a more high-performance stringing pattern
This racket accords you the flexibility and control you need for astounding shots.
Its weight distribution can only be described as superb.
Combine this with the stiff shaft it comes with, and your drop smashes are bound to be speedy and powerful.
Better still, you will have more feel of the shuttlecock due to the fast response you get from the stiff shaft.
Regarding the agility you get with the Arcsaber 11, it’s unrivaled. The lightweight construction allows you to speed.
The aerodynamic design accords you great maneuverability and the stiff shaft excellent response for quick and massive smashes.
2. Yonex Astrox 77 G5 Badminton Racket
- Flex: Medium; Frame: H.M. GRAPHITE + NANOMETRIC + Tungsten
- Shaft: H.M. GRAPHITE + Namd
- Weight / Grip Size: 4U (Ave.83g) G5
- Made in Japan (US Version)
Astros 77 is rated as strong and hard. It has an extended graphite shaft to produce more swing and more power smash.
The shaft is also weighted with tungsten, this helps create momentum for swing.
Featuring Yonex’s rotational generator technology, Astros 77 will quickly respond to different hits of opponents like a smash, a net shot, or a drive.
It also means power smashes for you all through a game. It comes pre-strung with high tension strings.
The Yonex Astros 77 is ideal if you already have some bit of experience playing badminton or are already a professional.
This is a high-level racquet!
It’s worth owning it!
Badminton Racket Buyer Guide
For beginning and intermediate players, choosing the best quality racket goes a long way in enabling you to enjoy playing the sport to the fullest.
For starters, it is worth noting that there are different specifications and features of these rackets.
As such, you need to know what to look for in the best badminton racket.
For people who know little about these rackets, they end up purchasing the most expensive rackets, which may not necessarily be of high quality.
Here are the things that you should look for in the best racket:
The U-value on a badminton racket is the weighted symbol of the racquet. You can often see on the badminton racket parameters such as 3U, 4U, 5U … The larger U is the lighter racket, the 2U racket weighs about 90-94 gr. The 3U racket weighs about 85-89 gr, and 4U weighs 80-84 gr.
The weight of a racket determines the power given by the racquet when it hits the shuttlecock. Therefore, when comparing the two rackets, it is advisable that you choose the heavier racket.
However, heavy rackets are usually difficult to maneuver and often cause fatigue on the arms and shoulders.
Therefore, when choosing the right racquet on the basis of weight, it is crucial that you opt for a racket that does not feel too heavy to hold comfortably in the hands.
Most of the high-end badminton rackets weigh between 70 and 100 grams. Beginners should opt for rackets that are fairly light for easy control and handling.
On the other hand, heavy rackets are especially ideal for seasoned players as they enable the players to add more power to their hits and swings.
Badminton rackets come in different flexibility ranging from flexibility, stiff, medium-stiff, and extra stiff.
When buying the most ideal racket for you, you need to consider your swing’s speed.
Because the racket’s stiffness is proportional to your swing speed.
An overly flexible racquet does not recoil fully when hitting the shuttle, and hence the energy used in flexing and swinging the racket is essentially lost.
On the other hand, an excessively stiff racket will not flex sufficiently when swinging to hit the shuttle and hence does not contribute to any additional power.
During practice sessions, you can consider using flexible rackets to improve your control skills as well as enhance the ability to aim the shuttle to your opponent.
Stiff and extra stiff rackets are ideal for players participating in competitions and tournaments as they help in channeling all your energy towards hitting the shuttle; no energy is lost.
The tape weight of badminton rackets is divided into 3 categories: heavy head, light head, and balance. They are written somewhere on the racquet body.
Head heavy racquets give you the extra power when hitting a smash as the head weight contributes to the momentum of a player’s swing and gives them more power in their shots. The downside is that with a heavier head, your reaction to defensive play will be slower than a lightweight racquet. The added head weight will also be taxing on your wrist when hitting quick drives and defensive blocks.
Head light racquets will give you the upper hand when engaging in fast drive exchanges. A lighter head gives players the ability to react to shots, heightening their defensive abilities quickly. A downside to a lighter head is it will take away your energy to create powerful smashes, but you will have better control and placement of your half smashes with a quick flick of the wrist.
Even balanced bats are in between the other two types. They are quite versatile in that they can still pack a punch when smashing and be quick enough to react to defensive shots. Therefore they can be suitable for different types of players, especially players with a comprehensive play.
Type of game you are planning to play
Another crucial aspect worth considering when choosing a badminton racket is the type of badminton game you want to play.
If you regularly participate in single matches, then you own a heavy racket. Because, in single matches, the power factor will take precedence over the speed factor.
Therefore, the racquet that produces the strongest smashes will be given more priority to use.
Consequently, if you are opting for doubles, then you should choose lighter rackets so that you are able to keep up with the speed and pace of other players.
Press your arm against the racket’s strings to test their tensions.
Ideally, the strings should sink to a maximum of 1mm sunken depth.
Any depth greater than that may imply that the strings are not strong enough and hence do not possess the right tension.
It is worth noting that tension standards vary from one region to the other depending on factors such as temperature.
For players living in regions with extremely high temperatures, it is recommendable to settle for rackets with high tensions.
For players in extra hot regions, the right rackets to purchase are those with the highest tension of less than 1mm sunken depth. This is so that the strings do not stretch too much when playing.
For people in relatively cold regions, rackets with lower tensions can still be used as the stretching of strings due to heat is minimal.
How is the tension of the racket suitable?
Normally, new players, badminton players such as public servants or students, and weak wrists, should choose between 20 and 23 lbs (9 – 10.5 kg).
Those who work in heavyweight and good wrist force should stretch the racquet from 23 to 24 lbs (10.5 – 11 kg).
For badminton players at the professional level, it is usually preferable to use a racket of> 24 lbs (>11 kg), depending on the level and wrist strength of the individual.
One thing to keep in mind is that if the bridge is stiff, the fly is slow and feels like holding a log, you should reduce the tension to about 1 lb (0.5kg) to fit your hand. In addition, to play badminton, you should have special exercises for your wrist.
The two main factors that affect a racket’s grip are size and type.
There are two grip types: synthetic and towel grips.
Towel grips are soft and absorb sweat. As such, they are susceptible to accumulate bacteria and germs. Therefore, it needs to be replaced over time.
Synthetic grips are less messy and slick but are not as comfortable as towel grips. This discomfort is due to the synthetic material of the grip not absorbing the sweat when you play.
The size of the grip also determines the comfort that you will have in the hands when holding the racket.
Players who prefer tight feel for more power generation should settle on big-sized grips.
The right grip to settle for is dependent on players’ preferences. This is because there are those players who feel comfortable and relaxed when using rackets with synthetic grips, while others prefer towel grips.
However, for competitive playing, it is advisable that you use the towel and big sized grips for powerful hits.
Shapes of the racket head
Badminton racket heads come in two shapes: oval and square shapes.
Square shaped rackets tend to have a large surface area while oval rackets, on the other hand, have concentrated power.
Therefore, you should choose the type of racket head that favors your playing style.
It is important to note that the type of racquet you settle for will have a great impact on your playing style and experience.
For beginners and intermediate players, rackets with square-shaped heads are ideal for them as the large hitting surface enables them to hone their playing skills.
Oval shaped rackets may also be suitable for pro-players who are keen on outshining their opponents by concentrating their hitting power, thereby producing powerful hits.
However, there is a need to be careful about the type of racket you are choosing on the basis of the shape of the racket head.
Because, with inexperienced players, when using a racquet with an oval head will become difficult to control when making strong hits.
The material used in making the racket
If you are keen on becoming a professional badminton player, you should opt for rackets made using carbon-fiber materials.
This is because the material is not only extremely light but also possesses great aerodynamic features. In line with this, it is ideal for use in competitive playings such as in leagues and tournaments.
Other materials used in making these rackets include lightweight aluminum and steel. Each of these materials has varying features, pros, and cons.
As such, you should research the material that suits your playing needs in the best way possible.
It does not make any sense to purchase expensive badminton rackets for hundreds of dollars while you can purchase other good quality ones for as little as a few tens of dollars.
You should use a budget to guide you on the most affordable racket brand to purchase. The best badminton racket for you doesn’t have to be the most expensive.
Avoid purchasing rackets whose prices are on either excess (whether too high or too low) as those rackets can be too expensive for you or are of excessively low quality (for cheap brands).
However, not all cheap racquets are thrown away. There are also rackets that cost less than 100 but are of good quality.Duora