Our Top Choices for Badminton Rackets 2022
While there are a bunch of great badminton rackets throughout this article, here we’ll list a few of our all-around favorites.
What makes the best badminton racket?
Well, there are a few things to consider. For starters, a lot will depend on how experienced you are and if you’re playing singles or doubles. For example, if you’re playing doubles, you’ll want a racket that differs slightly from if you play mainly singles. Or, if you’re just starting out, you’ll want a decent all-rounder racket.
Regardless, consider a badminton racket to be the best when it brings comfort and success during your game.
In this article, we’ll look at the best badminton racket for you, no matter your level of experience. You can also read our Badminton Racket Buyer Guide below.
Best Badminton Rackets For Beginners
Every keen badminton player knows the importance of having the right racket. If you are focused on becoming a great badminton player, you need to invest in a decent racket.
Here is the best badminton racket for beginners.
1. Carlton Kinesis XT Lite Badminton Racket
- EXTRA RIGID CONTROL FRAME: Vortex geometry frame gives extra head rigidity to ensure that players get maximum performance even with off centre hitting
- VIBRATION DAMPENING SYSTEM: Pro V12 grommets absorb much of vibration created when a player is hard hitting.
- FRAME CONSTRUCTION: Japanese Hi Modulus Carbon is the highest specification carbon available on the market.
- KEY RACKET SPECS: Weight: 86g/Flex: Stiff/Balance: Even
- FULL COVER INCLUDED: Full cover to ensure essential protection from scuffs and dust.
For a full Carlton Kinesis XT Lite review, click here.
Carlton Kinesis XT Lite is a top-end badminton racket with a revolutionary design and featuring vortex shedding (frame) geometry.
This racket is ideal for players who are seeking to advance their playing skills by enhancing their control and accuracy skills. It has a medium flex shaft that provides a balanced feel throughout the length of the frame.
Besides this, they engineer this model with a right-angle twist on its frame for reducing aerodynamic drag thus leading to increased maneuverability and head speed.
If you want to excel in the mid-court when playing badminton as a beginner, consider this option.
The best thing about Carlton Kinesis XT Lite is that it has a solid feeling and superb control thus making it possible for players to polish their playing skills.
It provides plenty of comforts and thus the hands do not feel strained or pressured at the grip area because of wrong/uncomfortable grip. Carlton Kinesis XT Lite allows players to make fast and controlled swings thus making it ideal for playing defensive and attacking games.
When playing doubles, it will help you outshine your opponents while helping you to improve and perfect your swinging and hitting skills.
Notably, the racquet has great smashing power thereby making it possible to make powerful hits delivered with excellent maneuverability.
- Fast & smooth swings
- Excellent maneuverability
- Super slim racket hence cuts through air resistance
- Great smashing power
- Control is hindered when playing super-fast games
2. Yonex Nanoray 60 FX Badminton Racket
- Original Yonex US Version
- Strung with Yonex BG65 @ 24lbs (No YY Logo)
- Weight: 4U (Avg.83g) / Grip: G5
- Colors will be random
- Shaft: H.M. Graphite, LIGHT Feel CARBON NEO / Frame: H.M. Graphite, LIGHT Feel CARBON NEO
Updated in Yonex’s popular Nanoray graphite series, the 60FX offers a wide range of control and power for all players, from beginners to experts. The uniquely designed body is light and durable to give you excellent handling as well as a powerful headlight balance.
A joint & power reinforcement increases strength and rigidity, resulting in higher precision and powerful shuttle movement. The headlight balance also adds stability through the quick action, while the graphite frame adds a soft feel on impact to help generate more power.
What’s more, the graphite-made shafts maximize repulsion power while ensuring superior durability. You can say goodbye to the days of getting your shuttlecocks blown out of court by other rackets.
- Despite its lightweight, it still has a surprising shock absorption capacity best used for powerful smashes and drives.
- The Graphite single badminton racquet combines the strength of its signature carbon nanotube and resin to deliver a head-light racquet with sharper drive shots, quicker action, and improved durability.
- Its Isometric feature maintains an equalized design in the length of the main and cross strings in the string-bed, creating a larger sweet spot which helps ensure more consistent accuracy even on off-center hits.
- The racket also comes with a vibration filter cap that helps to reduce vibration from the shaft; this gives a soft feel for clean shots and less unwanted shaft vibrations.
When a racket has a headlight feature, it means that high power is usually compromised, which might be so for the Yonex Nanoray FX racket.
3. Senston N80 Badminton Racquet
- ✔ RACKET PARAMETER: Senston N80/ 5U(75g-79g)/ G4 Grip/ The balance point: 295+-3MM/ Lengh:675MM/ Prestring tension: 24LBS-26LBS
- ✔ 100% FULL CARBON FIBER MATERIAL: Senston N80 is made of full carbon fiber frame and shaft. Racket weight unstrung 75 grams, it is light. You can enjoy the badminton game longer and do not have shoulder pain caused by other heavier racket. It fell better when you playing. Carbon Fiber materials also enhance the strength of the racket, reduce to the risk of frame deformation
- ✔ SOLID CONSTRUCTION: The racket has SOLID construction with ONE-PIECE design outside and built-in T-joint inside. It have been further improve the STABILITY, achieve high-precision control performance. It also avoid the deformation caused by playing badminton, make racket more stable, play unparalleled power. The isometric square head shape frame structure and nanometer material enable it endure high pounds string, which can reach 30 pounds
- ✔ PERFECT DESIGNED DETAILS: the design of cone cover make the racket more in conformity with scientific theory of fluid dynamics to enhance the flexibility of controling the ball. Non-slip handle grip improve comfort, not easy to slide. Special and Powerful T-Joint Inside Design further improved the stability, achieve high-precision control performance. It also avoid the deformation caused by playing badminton, make racket more stable, play unparalleled power
- ✔ CUSTOMER SERVICE: If you have any problems after the purchase, you can feel free to contact us in any time.
The Senston N80 single high-grade graphite racquet is one of the best badminton racquets on the market today. Made with high-grade graphite in a light frame, it gives players a combination of speed, power, and good control. The frame is balanced with a large sweet spot. The racquets provide a great feel on contact with a little vibration, proving to be a healthy option for anyone’s game.
This racquet is made with 100% full carbon fibre material in both the frame and shaft. This peculiar feature ensures that every unwanted weight is reduced. There is also an increased stiffness, friction, and control. It also comes with an extra thin frame head for more powerful shots. This results to smooth, powerful and customizable smashes including lifts and drop back hits. The tension in strings is firm and secure hence providing excellent repulsion.
If you’re a high-level badminton player, then this high-grade badminton racquet is your must-have weapon for winning.
- Its lightweight saves users from the burden that comes from using a heavy racket. A heavy racket slows down your movements, making it difficult to perform trick shots in a match but not with this model.
- With a pre string tension of 24lbs-26lbs, a balance point of 295+-3MM, and the use of carbon fibre materials in its construction, this racket is not just light; it also comes strong and allows for a great grip.
- You can swing the racket at blistering speeds, delivering high attacking shots to your opponent’s court.
It is also a perfect racket for practice as you can swing for hours without fatigue.
Its lightweight makes it prone to easy damage
Also, advanced players might see the power in their shots reduced, especially if they have been used to heavy-weight rackets.
4. Yonex Muscle Power 2 Racquet
- A shorter junior racquet for easy handling
- The ISOMETRIC equalizes the length of the main and cross strings in the string-bed, enlarging the sweet spot for more consistent accuracy even on off-centre hits
- Muscle Power locates the string on rounded archways that eliminate stress-load and fatigue through contact friction
- This construction creates total unity of the string and frame through closer and tighter contact
- Length – 21in, Frame – Aluminium, Shaft – Steel
Chances are your opponent will not be able to stop your shots with the Yonex Muscle Power 2 badminton racket. It comes with a large-sized head that gives you superior power and control combined in a way to bring better stability. Its lightweight aluminium frame ensures the racket stays straight without bending from usage over time.
If you are preparing for a competition, then this racket is highly recommended. You can take your game to the next level as it is lightweight and super resilient. In addition, its max tension system and super flexible frame let you experience that explosive power from your drives and smashes without sacrificing the fluidity in your movement and grip.
- It is a lightweight, high-performance badminton racket perfect for beginners.
- It also comes at an affordable price but, don’t let its affordability deceive you. The carbon fibre shaft gives it a more flexible surface which improves impact resistance and overall control of the racket. In other words, it greatly improves the quality of your game.
- Also, unlike other rackets in the market, this racket is made with a connected frame, which makes it easier to swing without sacrificing power or stability.
- This may not be for a more advanced player.
- Also, the racket seems shorter than normal rackets. It might not be much of a problem once you get used to it, but if you have played with other rackets before, you might need to slightly adjust your stance and movements.
5. KEVENZ 2 Pack Graphite High-Grade Badminton RacquetPack STSTECH Badminton Rackets for Children
- RACKET PARAMETER: 2 Pack，5U(72g-78g)/ G4 Grip/ The balance point: 294+-3MM/ Lengh:675MM/ Prestring tension: 24LBS-26LBS
- 100% FULL CARBON FIBER MATERIAL: it is made of full carbon fiber frame and shaft. Racket weight unstrung 75 grams, it is light.
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION: The racket has SOLID construction with ONE-PIECE design outside and built-in T-joint inside. It have been further improve the STABILITY, achieve high-precision control performance.
- Special and Powerful T-Joint Inside Design further improved the stability, achieve high-precision control performance. It also avoid the deformation caused by playing badminton, make racket more stable, play unparalleled power
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: If you have any problems after the purchase, feel free to contact us in any time.
Do you need a durable, high-quality badminton racket? If so, then look no further. The Kevenz badminton racket features a lightweight and durable carbon frame, ideal for beginner to intermediate recreational players. So whether you’re playing badminton at home or traveling, the Kevenz racket is a perfect choice.
The T joint is perfectly aligned with the entire frame and shaft to form a more durable structure necessary for strong and aggressive plays.
As a renowned brand in badminton circles, Kevenz is adept at making some of the finest rackets for all levels of play. These rackets feature vibration-dampening designs that make it easy to manoeuvre around while playing, and this racket is not different.
- Its relatively low market price makes it a perfect fit for beginners wanting to get into badminton. Hence if you are just beginning to take an interest in Badminton, then this is a sure bet. It sets the right foundation for developing the right techniques, attack and defence styles without compromising your gameplay even as a beginner.
- Intermediate players can have a field time with this racket, too, and they are a perfect fit for any kind of outdoor badminton game.
- This particular set also comes with 2, 3U rackets 12 packs of advanced goose feather shuttlecocks. You really should think of grabbing these just for the shuttlecocks alone, as they have been known to last longer than other average cheap shuttle cocks.
- It also comes with a groove protector frame to protect the racket cable when not in use.
If you are an intermediate player looking to up your game, this might not be the perfect fit.
6. STSTECH Badminton Rackets for Children
- -PACKAGE INCLUDES:7pcs Shuttlecocks(the colors are random),2 pcs table tennis,2 pcs badminton rackets(made from nylon net cable,iron alloy head and wood grip),1pcs 17.7 inches length blue carrying bag.-
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND CHILDREN SIZE:Weight 0.5 LB,size 17.3*8.6 inches.This set is the best size and weight for kids about 3 to 12 years old,easy to hold and can be used for exercise,training,competition activities.
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNER: Lightweight to grip;Colorful nylon net cable,attract kids attention;The round-shape head would more easy for kids to catch the ball;T-shaped reinforced joint strengthen the connector, to avoid the deformation and prolong the life.
- KEEP HEALTH:This set is a tool for exercise and entertainment,keep kids away from TV,mobile phone and computer.It’s good to exercise balance,growing height,physical exercise and active brain.
- SERVICE GUARANTEE- Customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority.If you are satisfied with our products,please share your shopping feeling.If you are not satisfied with the quality of our products,please feel free to contact us,we would give you a satisfied solution and deal the problem with you.
When it comes to learning how to play badminton, kids would love these STSTECH beginner-friendly rackets as it makes playing Badminton fun and easy to learn. It is made with a combination of nylon net cable, an Iron alloy head, and a wood grip; these rackets are specially tapered for children.
They are slim, lightweight, and provide more power than most starter sets’ standard moulded plastic rackets. A weight of 0.5lb makes it easy for kids to get a good grip while building a strong grip foundation for when they are ready to transition into other rackets. Don’t let its simplicity fool you, though, as they can be used during simple learning exercises, high-intensity training, and badminton competitions.
- Its colourful nylon net cable helps build the hand-to-eye coordination of kids during play.
- The racket also comes with a round-shaped head that makes it easier for kids to catch the ball, and a T-shaped reinforced joint strengthens the connector, thereby increasing durability.
- They are also perfect for indoor/living room play with kids. In addition, the STS racket set also comes with a few more birdies and balls. This is great because playing time doesn’t have to stop if one or more balls were to be lost.
- Kids might have a hard time getting the birdie to fly over the net. Therefore, extra care and patience would be needed.
- The rackets are also prone to bending easily, especially when they are handled too roughly.
Badminton Rackets For Intermediate Players
Looking for the right and ideal racquet for an intermediate player is a critical buying decision. This is because if you choose the wrong racquet, it cannot only cause injuries but also hinder your ability to develop your playing skills.
It is important for an intermediate player to ensure that they find the best racquet for them considering that they are in the initial stages of developing and polishing their playing skills.
Ideally, at the intermediate level, a racquet can either break or make your playing skills.
Here are some of the best badminton racket for intermediate player to choose from:
|YONEX VOLTRIC 0.7DG Badminton Racquet (Navy Blue, Graphite, 35 lbs Tension)|
|YONEX Ezone Junior 23 Blue Pre-Strung Tennis Racquet|
|YONEX Duora 10 LT Badminton Racket (Unstrung)|
|YONEX Arcsaber 11 Badminton Racquet (Red)|
1. Yonex Voltric 0.7DG Badminton Racket
- Grip Size : G4 (3.25 Inches) Weight : 3U (8592 Grams)
- Color : Navy Blue Head Shape : Isometric
- String Level : 35 Lbs Strung Type : Strung
- Flexibility : Medium
- Material : Graphite
The Yonex Voltric 0.7DG is your go-to racket for action-packed badminton play and training sessions.
Hit the shuttle with precision and a serious pace. The Yonex VOLTRIC 0.7DG Badminton Racquet is designed for intermediate players who want to hit powerful smash shots as well as delicate drop shots. It features a lightweight frame, a brilliant shaft design, and easy stringing, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to score big.
The racket is made from a super high elasticity and high modulus graphite and an aerodynamic profile that helps to provide greater stability when hitting flat drives and easier groundstrokes for superior performance in badminton competitions. Unlike other Yonex rackets in this series, the Voltric 0.7DG can withstand a higher tension of up to 35lbs.
- Players seeking an all-around balanced performance at peak levels can finally make use of the combined incredible power and precise handling of this racket to achieve their goal.
- Moreso, the unique VOLTRIC badminton racquet’s TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM is designed to help you deliver heavy smashes and still make fast shots without compromising on balance and grip.
- The weight has been balanced on top of the frame and at the joint area, which allows for easy handling. The thin sides of the frame and at the top of the head reduce air resistance, thereby improving handling. You can now make a full swing even during short range rallies as this racket responds instantly to your movements, no matter how subtle.
It might feel slightly heavy compared to other rackets; While this might not be a problem, if you are a player that prefers really lightweight rackets, then this might pose an issue during the first few times using the racket.
2. Yonex Ezone Junior 25 Badminton Racquet
- Original YONEX US Version
- Color:Deep Blue / Pre-Strung by Manufacturer
- Weight: 240g(8.5 oz) /Grip Size: 0
- Length:25 in. / Head Size:102 sq.in.
- All-graphite junior model (7-9 years old)
Try the YONEX EZONE Tennis Racquet for intermediate players. Made of graphite with a smooth feel and powerful performance, the racquet is suitable for all levels of play, from beginner to advanced. Players looking for a great multipurpose racquet would have a great time using it.
It takes a classic shape and adds some fresh updates to improve a player’s game. In addition, it has an updated head shape for better control. The racquet also comes in at a weight that is easy to swing. It has a low-power sweet spot for getting under high balls. It is made from exclusive materials that make for more durability. A deep string pattern helps add spin for more control over every shot.
- The racquet is able to deliver great precision, power, and spin that intermediate players need. And therefore, particularly great for an aggressive attacking player as it is made to maximize strength while still perfectly shaped to get your shots flying deep.
- In addition, for convenience, the racquet comes pre-strung. Its Linear tech Straight hole grommets elongate the strings for power and comfort on off-center shots. This provides a more consistent string bed, thereby increasing power and comfort.
- Also, the Yonex EZONE OPS(Oval Pressed Shaft) corners have been rounded to allow for ideal flex and increased spin and control.
Even though it comes highly recommended, it is also not an easy racquet to transition into as someone moving into intermediate gameplay level.
3. Yonex Duora 10 Badminton Racket
- The Yonex Duora Strike is embedded with Dual Optimum System. It gives you pinpoint power and an increase in hold and repulsion, also providing you with instant repulsion on drives
- NANOMETRIC DR is a new carbon material developed by Yonex based on our unique NANOSCIENCE technology
- The square-shaped ISOMETRIC frame shape is designed to keep vertical strings at a similar length, as well as the horizontal strings to produce an expanded sweet spot in all directions
- The single-pass grommet hole construction provides more grommet holes for a more high-performance stringing pattern
- Built-in T-Joint is manufactured from a special lightweight plastic combined with epoxy resin and foaming agent that enhances quality and performance by increasing the stability of the shuttle on the string bed
Yonex Duora 10 is one of the classiest badminton rackets in the market presently for intermediate players.
Featuring a box-shaped head; it delivers impressive power with every swing and smashes at the shuttle.
Despite not being the fastest intermediate badminton racket, it defends pretty well and as such, it is dependable for defensive playing.
Typically, it is fairly higher than other rackets in terms of speed, control, and power.
However, for you to use this model you need to possess a very good playing technique. Therefore, it is not suitable for beginners.
If you are interested in playing fast-paced intermediate badminton games, you should look no further than at the Yonex Duora 10.
This is because this product is specially designed for delivering fast responses with every smash at the shuttle.
In line with this, it also defends pretty well thereby making it a favorite racquet choice for most intermediate players focused on becoming professional players.
The AERO frame in the racquet ensures that all the energy produced by the hand is delivered to the shuttle upon contact with the strings.
This 3U badminton racquet with a G4 grip is easy to customize as it comes in two options: strung and unstrung.
If you want to string your racquet in your preferred pattern depending on your playing needs.
If you do not want to go through the trouble stringing your racket by yourself.
A stringed racket is better for you.
Ideally, the racquet has a satisfactory quality, is designed and built to last for a long time and delivers reliable performance throughout its life.
When held and swung appropriately, you can be guaranteed to save your strength and power when making powerful hits.
- Easily customizable
- Ideal for powerful hits
- Lightweight and hence easy to control
- Requires time to get used to its power.
4. Yonex Arcsaber 11 Badminton Racket
- Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE provides added bite to the shuttlecock and SONIC METAL increases the ability to deliver a high repulsion, rapid-fire return.
- Frame: H.M. Graphite, Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE, SONIC METAL
- Weight / Grip Size: 3U (Ave.88g) G4,5 2U (Ave.93g) G4,5, Box Contents: 1 Racquet
- Stringing Advice: 3U 19-24 lbs, 2U 20-25 lbs, Available: Strung
- Frame: H.M. Graphite, Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE, SONIC METAL
Say hello to the Yonex Arcsaber 11 Badminton Racquet. It’s sportier, racquet-shaped for extended reach and enhanced accuracy, and suitable for frequent use. The Arcsaber 11 has a game-enhancing 3U (weight 84-89g), grip size G4 and balance is 305mm. This is especially great for intermediate to advanced players, who need a more active feel at the contact point. While the specs may seem similar at first glance to other Yonex racquets in the Arcsaber line, Yonex has made some improvements in this racquet with the addition of sonic metal in the head and a thinner yet still stiff shaft.
This is the racquet to reach for when you move into mid-court territory. The relatively light frame and evenly distributed weight give you the kind of manoeuvrability that only an Arcsaber 11 can offer.
- Its lighter frame makes defending a lot easier than other racquets. And with its lighter head, players can enjoy improved speed and fluidity in their movement.
- Arcsaber 11 is an all-around friendly racquet that’s both powerful and quick and fits perfectly into any style of play. This makes it easy to use for defence and attack, no matter the pace of the game.
- The racquet can also handle really well around the net, making it easy to perform close plays like tight net shots and simple knockoffs.
- The Arcsaber 11 is still not as fast as other light-headed rackets despite its seeming light head.
- While it has its own unique features, it is also not really a major upgrade from its predecessor, the Arcsaber 10.
Badminton Rackets For Advanced Players
For a badminton player to reach the level of advanced players, they have to go through a long training process. Their skills with a racquet must be excellent.
Therefore, the racquet they use must also be as excellent as they are. For advanced players, you’ll be judging rackets on criteria of strength, control, and energy-saving ability. Here are some of the best badminton racket for advanced players.
|Yonex Astrox 88 D/S 2018 New Badminton Racket (88S Emerald Green, Unstrung)|
|Yonex Astrox 99-Weight/Grip: 4U/G5|
|YONEX ASTROX 100 ZZ Badminton Racquet (Unstrung)|
1. Yonex Astrox 88 D/S 2018 New Badminton Racket
- Making the whole frame flexible allows the“ASTROX 88 S”to hold the shuttlecock for accurate control, while the“ASTROX 88 D” has more flex in the upper part of the frame transmitting maximum power to the shuttlecock to break through the opponents. In addition the overall length of the“88 S” is only 5mm longer, which enhances both accuracy and power while the“88 D” is 10 mm longer to provide powerful attacks.
- The new shape allows the shaft to flex, which ensures the maximum effect of “Namd(more flex and faster kick-back graphite material)” and stabilizes the racquet face by preventing the shaft twisting, increasing control
- By applying the counterbalance theory, weight is distributed throughout the grip end, frame top and the joint for maximum control. The transition to the next shot can be performed smoothly with a rapid succession.
- NANOMETRIC* improves the bonding strength between the carbon fibres enabling us to take racquet shaft construction to another level. By reducing the amount of carbon in the shaft to make it 60%* thinner than a conventional racquet whilst retaining stiffness, YONEX has created a revolutionary lightweight racquet with lightening head speed and control.
- Weight: 4U Grip: G5
The Yonex Astrox 88 D/S badminton racket is built for advanced players seeking a formidable combination of power and handling. The racket is light in weight and strung with fast power strings. This racket’s lightweight builds upon some of the most popular Yonex rackets ever sold.
Engineered for balance and stability, the racket was developed with a design technology to help advanced players. It gives a good feeling when stroking, has excellent manoeuvrability, and is a choice of many international players.
Yonex’s ultra-high quality Astrox racquets have outstanding attack power.
- With the entire frame is made flexible, the “Astrox 88 S” can capture and hold the shuttle for greater control; by comparison, the “Astrox 88 D” has more flexibility in its upper part of the frame, transmitting more power to the shuttle for stronger attacks. What’s more, with frames measuring only 5 millimetres long, the two rackets can provide both accuracy and power.
- The racket weight is evenly balanced and distributed throughout the grip end, frame top, and joint to make it easy to control your shots. With a light touch on the string, you can move easily from one shot to another, one stance to another, and with any speed, your style of play is tuned to.
- You can play for a long stretch of time without feeling any extra arm strain.
The grip might feel a little bigger than the smaller G5 Grip. If this would be an issue for you, then you might need to replace it with any smaller grip of your choice.
2. Yonex Astrox 99
Yonex Astrox 99 is considered to be the most anticipated product of the Japanese manufacturer in 2018.
Astrox 99 is still used by Yonex for its high-end technologies such as the Astrox 88D and 88S, as well as the Namd technology.
However, with the Yonex Astrox 99 badminton racket, not only Namd is available in the body of the racquet.
For the first time in history, Yonex brought its advanced technology to the whole of the body, including the racket. It is also a Rotational Generator System.
The big difference comes from the Yonex Astrox 99 badminton racket from hardness. Compared to the Astrox 88D (a rigid racquet), the Astrox 99 has a slightly stiffer body.
The Yonex Astrox 99 badminton racquet is also part of the Head Heavy range.
There is an extremely valuable point that is to shoot Energy Boost Cap will help to eliminate the vibration of the body very quickly.
Those who are good with this line must have good wrist force and have a play style “Relentless Attack”.
3. YONEX ASTROX 100 ZZ Badminton Racket (Unstrung)
- Original YONEX US Version
- Weight: 4U (Ave 83g) / Grip Size: G5
- Comes: Unstrung / Color: Dark Navy
- Flex: Extra Stiff / Balance: Head Heavy
- Frame: HM Graphite / NAMD / Tungsten / Black Micro Core / Nanometric Shaft: HM Graphite / NAMD
If you are looking for a racket to help you step up your game, then look no further than the YONEX ASTROX 100 ZZ Badminton Racquet. Advanced and intermediate players will appreciate the promise that this racquet holds: performance and comfort.
Astrox 100 ZZ has a solid core shaft that offers excellent power transfer with minimum string vibration. This racquet is light, fast, and highly manoeuvrable.
It is also important to know that this racket is a head-heavy one with a balance point of around 317mm.
- The racket had great manoeuvrability and could deliver clean clears. And while the head looks narrow with the body shape, it is still a standard size.
- The Astrox 88 100 ZZ is a solid-core shaft racket, rather than the hollow-core version players are used to. This means the connection between handle and head feels natural and delivers great shots time after time.
- In addition, the racket’s shaft is significantly stiff and slim but with a head heaviness, giving it a nice balance of power. It’s a well-designed all-around racket that works for different playing styles.
- The NAMD technology in this racket makes it more flexible than other rackets, which means that you get a quicker snapback when you smash. Plus, the built-in T joint adds even more stability, so you have more control and accuracy when you’re smashing.
This racket comes at a high retail price, so if you are someone with a budget, not a tournament player, or just want to test the waters with Badminton, then you might want to look at other rackets.
Best Badminton Racket For Doubles
1. Yonex 2 Nanoflare Drive with Mavis 350 Yellow Medium Shuttle Badminton Combo Set
- Yonex Original US version Racket
- 2 Nanoflare Drive Racquets (4UG5):Pre-Strung by Manufacturer
- Weight:4U (83g avg) / Grip:G5 / Flex :Medium
- 1 Tube (6pcs) of Mavis 350 Yellow Medium Nylone Shuttlecock
- Colors will be random
The Yonex 2 Nanoflare Drive racquet features a stylish and aggressive design for power, spin, and control. This racquet is great for doubles players looking to hit more powerful shots. Lightweight and well-balanced, it offers excellent manoeuvrability.
The Nano Power Frame features YONEX’s high strength “Carbon Nanofibers,” which are arranged in high density to increase stiffness while remaining incredibly lightweight. The frame is extremely powerful, and the energy of each shot is transferred directly to the shuttlecock resulting in minimal loss of energy. The shock-absorbing system eliminates harsh vibrations allowing you to play with full confidence that your shots will go exactly where you want them.
- Even if you are a beginner, there is still a big difference between this racket and other basic badminton rackets. You would love how light and professional it feels.
- With its Head-light feature, this racket provides increased speed capabilities. The lighter frame allows you to steer the racket to your advantage more easily.
- It is also great for executing shots at the net, blocking smashes, controlling the shuttle, and enabling you to have a quicker reaction time. The racket also comes with a G5 grip that increases fluidity and manoeuvrability, keeping your opponents on their toes with the ability to execute split-second trick shots.
- Its lightweight frame causes a great reduction in explosive power. Hence, professional/advanced players might find this racket far from the usually attacking aggressive style they would want to play.
- They can break more easily because of their lightweight frame therefore, extra care should be taken when handling them.
2. Yonex Voltric Z Force II Badminton Racket
Retain control over your shots and make the most of your game with the Yonex Voltric Z Force II badminton racket. Featuring the TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM, this racket delivers an impressive combination of power and speed by maximizing the contact time between shuttle and string.
Equipped with a highly manoeuvrable frame, you can gain an edge in faster-paced rallies. The racket is constructed from carbon fibre material for increased stiffness and enhanced durability.
Its unique design, top of the frame, and joint area balance let you comfortably execute both power-based shots and placement-based strokes without sacrificing the fluidity of your movement and grip.
- This racket has a control support cap that is increased by 88% on the grip surface for easier handling, fast follow-through, and enhanced manoeuvrability.
- The racquet frame has a head-heavy balance and a smaller frame, constructed and combined in a way to provide faster swings.
- In addition, to ensure a smooth swing, the tip of the grommet has been placed inside the frame in other to minimize air resistance and produce a great degree of power and control.
- Because of its unique design, smaller frame, and head-heavy features, smashes become more powerful and accurate.
- Due to its overall difference from most rackets in the market, it would take some time to get used to, especially if you have been playing with other rackets for a long time.
- Moreso, don’t expect this racket to magically transform your smash. If you have poor smash technique or require more flex in a racket, then this racket may not be for you.
If you want to read our full Yonex Voltric Z Force II review, please click to our badminton racket review here.
3. NANORAY Z-SPEED YONEX Badminton Racket
The Yonex Nanoray Z Speed Badminton Racket is a well-balanced racket with reduced carbon in the shaft to make it 60% thinner than an average racket. It has a string pattern that offers controlled power and precision on both the drives and clears.
Not only does it offer excellent control, but the Nanoray Z racket also comes with its own revolutionary, exclusive material, NANOMETRIC. This new material has made it possible to create a lightweight racket with super-fast head speed, swing, and control. Built for those who seek power and precision, the Nanoray Z Speed offers a new level of control for stronger shots.
- The Nanoray Z racket gives greater stability as it features a new generation X-fullerene with 4 radial ribs. Their aim is to combine the carbon atoms in the racket material to form a football-like structure. This further helps to provide a tenfold increase in binding force, making it possible to create 5% higher repulsion power and 15% greater stability than your average racket.
- A daring look featuring a completely revised head shape creates less wind resistance and allows you to cover more court with each stroke leading to faster racket speed and enhanced manoeuvrability.
- It might be prone to breakage and damage if strung anywhere above 25lbs. The extra care required to avoid damage might psychologically impede gameplay and performance.
- It also has a high retail price which might not be a perfect fit for you if you are under a tight budget.
If you’d like to learn more, read our Yonex Nanoray Z Speed review.
4. Yonex 2018 New Nanoray Ace Badminton Racket
The YONEX 2018 New Nanoray Ace Badminton Racket is a light racket for high-performance games. The technology utilized in this product is the carbon NANOTUBE material which offers the maximum power and perfect conduction of vibration. In addition, this racket maximizes the transfer of vibration energy to improve quality and speed. The “openings” provide enhanced speed and ease of play by reducing hitting resistance.
Since it is made from carbon, it comes stiff for solid smashes and blocks but also has enough flex for nice touch shots and drops, making it a perfect racket for any style of play and technique.
- The racket has a headlight balance. If you’ve already trained on making powerful swings, then this feature would be really useful for you. You’ll find the model easy to control, allowing you incredible speeds during play. Not only that, but your swing angles will be better to make playing trick shots possible. Another advantage of the headlight feature is that you won’t get tired out quickly during intense gameplay.
- In addition, the sweet spot is not compromised by the isometric head shape of the racket; this means when you hit the shuttle, your shots are more direct and powerful. Your defence will be tighter, and when you go on the attack, your play becomes stronger and more lethal. It is even more potent in the hands of an experienced player who has mastered advanced shot techniques.
This racket is not suitable for beginner players as it does not have much impact on improving gameplay unless you have already mastered some advanced-level techniques.
5. Yonex Astrox 7 Badminton Racket
- Original YONEX US Version
- Weight: 4U (Ave 83g) / Grip Size: G5
- Strung: Yonex BG65 @ 24lbs (No YY Logo)
- Color: Black/Orange
- Flex: Medium / Frame: Graphite, Tungsten / Shaft: H.M. Graphite, NANOMESH NEO
Read our Voltrix 7 review.
The Astrox 7 model by Yonex guarantees to provide players with a memorable playing experience characterized by powerful smashes and unrivaled control.
Hitting and controlling the shuttle effortlessly due to the racket’s power and the unique tension in its strings.
The material used in designing and making the racket’s shaft is significantly flexible that enables you to possess a medium-stiff flex.
It allows for powerful responses and reactions for a game of doubles.
Since the grip is large, the racket provides a comfortable feeling and does not create any unnecessary pressure and tiresomeness in the hands.
With proper practice, it is possible to hit every shot with the utmost accuracy and control.
The 4U frame of the racket performs well in terms of delivering intense power to the head of the racquet and onto the shuttle.
- Balanced feel
- Durable and reliable
- Comfortable and firm grip
- Perfect string tension
Badminton Rackets for Smashing
A smash is arguably one of the most important shots in badminton.
It has the power to stun your opponent and make them unable to provide defense.
To make a powerful smash, you require the right moves and a good racket.
While you can train on movements, finding the right racket can be a challenge.
That’s why I compiled this list of best badminton racket for smashing.
|Yonex Arcsaber 11 2017/18 New Badminton Racket (Strung with NG 99 @ 24lbs)|
|Yonex Astrox 77 G5 Badminton Rackets (Metallic Blue, Unstrung)|
1. Yonex Arcsaber 11 2017/18 New Badminton Racket
- Neo CS CARBON NANOTUBE provides added bite to the shuttlecock and SONIC METAL increases the ability to deliver a high repulsion, rapid-fire return
- The ARCSABER frame is designed to flex at the point of impact to hold the shuttle on the string bed for longer
- SONIC METAL is an exceptionally strong, lightweight and flexible new titanium alloy which YONEX positions at the top of the frame
- The ISOMETRIC equalizes the length of the main and cross strings in the string-bed, enlarging the sweet spot for more consistent accuracy even on off-centre hits
- The single-pass grommet hole construction provides more grommet holes for a more high-performance stringing pattern
This racket accords you the flexibility and control you need for astounding shots.
Its weight distribution can only be described as superb.
Combine this with the stiff shaft it comes with, and your drop smashes are bound to be speedy and powerful.
Better still, you will have more feel of the shuttlecock due to the fast response you get from the stiff shaft.
Regarding the agility you get with the Arcsaber 11, it’s unrivaled. The lightweight construction allows you to speed.
The aerodynamic design accords you great maneuverability and the stiff shaft excellent response for quick and massive smashes.
2. Yonex Astrox 77 G5 Badminton Racket
- Flex: Medium; Frame: H.M. GRAPHITE + NANOMETRIC + Tungsten
- Shaft: H.M. GRAPHITE + Namd
- Weight / Grip Size: 4U (Ave.83g) G5
- Made in Japan (US Version)
The Yonex Astrox 77 G5 badminton racket is ideal for players seeking superior manoeuvrability with high levels of power and control in their smash. Crafted with a slim body shape yet strong frame and improved mid-sized head, this badminton racket offers players the precision needed to make strokes and fine-tune shots with ease.
The ASTROX 77 has a very long shaft, so it feels great when delivering smashes. The length of the shaft gives you good power while hitting half smashes as well.
Even though this racket is great for smashes and aggressive attacking play, its defensive capabilities should be emphasized. With a very large sweet spot and a fairly big head size, it achieved the ability of fast counter-attacking strikes.
- Its slim body shape ensures players keep having fun during an extended period of gameplays without feeling excess fatigue and/or tiredness.
- This racket uses a rotational generator system to evenly spread and balance its weight across the parts of its body. This leads to well-balanced handling, easy manoeuvrability, and sharp gameplay.
- It comes with a new type of graphite material called NAMED, which allows for flexibility and power but still maintains control. The age of depending on stiff shafts just so you can hit those smashes without losing power and accuracy is over with the Astrox 77 racket.
- This is a head-heavy racket; therefore, play can sometimes feel hard and inaccurate, especially during an extended period of gameplay.
- This racket is also not beginner-friendly and comes at a high retail price. For intermediate or advanced players on a budget, you might want to take a look at other budget-friendly rackets.
Badminton Racket Buyer Guide
For beginning and intermediate players, choosing the best quality racket goes a long way in enabling you to enjoy playing the sport to the fullest.
For starters, it is worth noting that there are different specifications and features of these rackets.
As such, you need to know what to look for in the best badminton racket.
For people who know little about these rackets, they end up purchasing the most expensive rackets, which may not necessarily be of high quality.
Here are the things that you should look for in the best racket:
The U-value on a badminton racket is the weighted symbol of the racquet. You can often see on the badminton racket parameters such as 3U, 4U, 5U … The larger U is the lighter racket, the 2U racket weighs about 90-94 gr. The 3U racket weighs about 85-89 gr, and 4U weighs 80-84 gr.
The weight of a racket determines the power given by the racquet when it hits the shuttlecock. Therefore, when comparing the two rackets, it is advisable that you choose the heavier racket.
However, heavy rackets are usually difficult to maneuver and often cause fatigue on the arms and shoulders.
Therefore, when choosing the right racquet on the basis of weight, it is crucial that you opt for a racket that does not feel too heavy to hold comfortably in the hands.
Most of the high-end badminton rackets weigh between 70 and 100 grams. Beginners should opt for rackets that are fairly light for easy control and handling.
On the other hand, heavy rackets are especially ideal for seasoned players as they enable the players to add more power to their hits and swings.
Badminton rackets come in different flexibility ranging from flexibility, stiff, medium-stiff, and extra stiff.
When buying the most ideal racket for you, you need to consider your swing’s speed.
Because the racket’s stiffness is proportional to your swing speed.
An overly flexible racquet does not recoil fully when hitting the shuttle, and hence the energy used in flexing and swinging the racket is essentially lost.
On the other hand, an excessively stiff racket will not flex sufficiently when swinging to hit the shuttle and hence does not contribute to any additional power.
During practice sessions, you can consider using flexible rackets to improve your control skills as well as enhance the ability to aim the shuttle to your opponent.
Stiff and extra stiff rackets are ideal for players participating in competitions and tournaments as they help in channeling all your energy towards hitting the shuttle; no energy is lost.
The tape weight of badminton rackets is divided into 3 categories: heavy head, light head, and balance. They are written somewhere on the racquet body.
Head heavy racquets give you the extra power when hitting a smash as the head weight contributes to the momentum of a player’s swing and gives them more power in their shots. The downside is that with a heavier head, your reaction to defensive play will be slower than a lightweight racquet. The added head weight will also be taxing on your wrist when hitting quick drives and defensive blocks.
Head light racquets will give you the upper hand when engaging in fast drive exchanges. A lighter head gives players the ability to react to shots, heightening their defensive abilities quickly. A downside to a lighter head is it will take away your energy to create powerful smashes, but you will have better control and placement of your half smashes with a quick flick of the wrist.
Even balanced bats are in between the other two types. They are quite versatile in that they can still pack a punch when smashing and be quick enough to react to defensive shots. Therefore they can be suitable for different types of players, especially players with a comprehensive play.
Type of game you are planning to play
Another crucial aspect worth considering when choosing a badminton racket is the type of badminton game you want to play.
If you regularly participate in single matches, then you own a heavy racket. Because, in single matches, the power factor will take precedence over the speed factor.
Therefore, the racquet that produces the strongest smashes will be given more priority to use.
Consequently, if you are opting for doubles, then you should choose lighter rackets so that you are able to keep up with the speed and pace of other players.
Press your arm against the racket’s strings to test their tensions.
Ideally, the strings should sink to a maximum of 1mm sunken depth.
Any depth greater than that may imply that the strings are not strong enough and hence do not possess the right tension.
It is worth noting that tension standards vary from one region to the other depending on factors such as temperature.
For players living in regions with extremely high temperatures, it is recommendable to settle for rackets with high tensions.
For players in extra hot regions, the right rackets to purchase are those with the highest tension of less than 1mm sunken depth. This is so that the strings do not stretch too much when playing.
For people in relatively cold regions, rackets with lower tensions can still be used as the stretching of strings due to heat is minimal.
How is the tension of the racket suitable?
Normally, new players, badminton players such as public servants or students, and weak wrists, should choose between 20 and 23 lbs (9 – 10.5 kg).
Those who work in heavyweight and good wrist force should stretch the racquet from 23 to 24 lbs (10.5 – 11 kg).
For badminton players at the professional level, it is usually preferable to use a racket of> 24 lbs (>11 kg), depending on the level and wrist strength of the individual.
One thing to keep in mind is that if the bridge is stiff, the fly is slow and feels like holding a log, you should reduce the tension to about 1 lb (0.5kg) to fit your hand. In addition, to play badminton, you should have special exercises for your wrist.
The two main factors that affect a racket’s grip are size and type.
There are two grip types: synthetic and towel grips.
Towel grips are soft and absorb sweat. As such, they are susceptible to accumulate bacteria and germs. Therefore, it needs to be replaced over time.
Synthetic grips are less messy and slick but are not as comfortable as towel grips. This discomfort is due to the synthetic material of the grip not absorbing the sweat when you play.
The size of the grip also determines the comfort that you will have in the hands when holding the racket.
Players who prefer tight feel for more power generation should settle on big-sized grips.
The right grip to settle for is dependent on players’ preferences. This is because there are those players who feel comfortable and relaxed when using rackets with synthetic grips, while others prefer towel grips.
However, for competitive playing, it is advisable that you use the towel and big sized grips for powerful hits.
Shapes of the racket head
Badminton racket heads come in two shapes: oval and square shapes.
Square shaped rackets tend to have a large surface area while oval rackets, on the other hand, have concentrated power.
Therefore, you should choose the type of racket head that favors your playing style.
It is important to note that the type of racquet you settle for will have a great impact on your playing style and experience.
For beginners and intermediate players, rackets with square-shaped heads are ideal for them as the large hitting surface enables them to hone their playing skills.
Oval shaped rackets may also be suitable for pro-players who are keen on outshining their opponents by concentrating their hitting power, thereby producing powerful hits.
However, there is a need to be careful about the type of racket you are choosing on the basis of the shape of the racket head.
Because, with inexperienced players, when using a racquet with an oval head will become difficult to control when making strong hits.
The material used in making the racket
If you are keen on becoming a professional badminton player, you should opt for rackets made using carbon-fiber materials.
This is because the material is not only extremely light but also possesses great aerodynamic features. In line with this, it is ideal for use in competitive playings such as in leagues and tournaments.
Other materials used in making these rackets include lightweight aluminum and steel. Each of these materials has varying features, pros, and cons.
As such, you should research the material that suits your playing needs in the best way possible.
It does not make any sense to purchase expensive badminton rackets for hundreds of dollars while you can purchase other good quality ones for as little as a few tens of dollars.
You should use a budget to guide you on the most affordable racket brand to purchase. The best badminton racket for you doesn’t have to be the most expensive.
Avoid purchasing rackets whose prices are on either excess (whether too high or too low) as those rackets can be too expensive for you or are of excessively low quality (for cheap brands).
However, not all cheap racquets are thrown away. There are also rackets that cost less than 100 but are of good quality.Duora